Morrison Living, a member of Compass Group®, is the nation’s only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to the senior living industry.? Morrison has over 350 registered dietitians, 250 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 42 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email [email protected].Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
At Morrison Community Living, we believe that the culinary program is at the heart of a vibrant culture for our client communities and their residents. As a Director of Dining Services/General Manager you will be directly responsible for the overall operation of the dining service department in one of HumanGood’s senior living communities, in partnership with the Community Executive Chef. Our diners and their guests are served in a variety of environments, including dining rooms or room service delivery for residential, assisted, memory support, rehab, and long-term or skilled nursing levels of living.
- Ensures the satisfaction, health and wellbeing of all residents, guests and employees who dine within the community, by supporting a dining program that is creative, safe, well-presented and well-served.
- Operates the department in accordance with the approved budget.
- Promotes a highly engaging and hospitable culture that delights our residents and supports their wellbeing.
- Ensures the food offered to the residents, guests and employees of the community is timely, well presented and served with memorable hospitality at all levels of living.
- Oversees delivery of all catered events.
- Promotes the professional growth, wellbeing and development of their entire team through mentoring, training and development opportunities.
- Fosters strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Leads the department management team in modeling behavior focused on accountability, humility, inclusiveness and open and honest communication.
- Ensures everyone is well informed and inspired through regular written and verbal communication to management team (meetings), team members (Connect/Showtime), peers, Executive Director and RDO, and residents (dining service committee, rounding, focus groups and comment card tracking.
- Delivers a Bon Appetit- inspired dining program for residents and guests in accordance with budget and approved staffing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education required.
- B.S. Degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant Management, Nutrition, Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus five (5) years of directly related experience preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting, with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of retirement or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training.
- Certified Dietary Manager Certificate required if community has a skilled nursing facility accepting Medicare.
- General knowledge of safety and sanitation practices preferred.
- Experience with P&L accountability, budgeting, staffing and cost accounting desirable.
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- ServSafe® certified.
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: